AudioAge – Lagos, Nigeria – 20 January 2017 – In our quest to equip young learners with the necessary creativity, innovation, and problem-solving skills to stay ahead of their peers, Brainiacs STEM & Robotics in collaboration with Simply Exponential Consult Limited is extending the Weekend STEM Genius Hour to learners in Yaba, Surulere and environs. The session will run every Saturday, from 4th February to 25th March 2017 at The Pancake Hub No. 17 Jibowu Street Yaba, Lagos and will focus on the following keys areas:
- Game Design and
Learners in the Beginner’s (5-10years) and Intermediate (11-16years) groups will have the opportunity to work with well-trained Brainiacs instructors to expand their skills in multiple dimensions. Activities during sessions will include:
- Learning Java programming with Greenfoot.
- Developing video games using Kodu Game Lab.
- Solve engineering challenges by working in teams to build, test and program Lego Mindstorm EV-3 and Vex Robotics and so much more.
Over the course of the 8 sessions, learners will gain:
- Leadership skills through STEM design challenges
- Communication techniques that allow them to share science concepts with their peers
- Scientific collaboration and basic engineering skills
- Analytical reasoning
- Teamwork and problem-solving experience
Details of Brainiacs STEM Genius Hour
- Start Date – 4th February 2017*
- End Date – 25th March 2017
- Start Time – 10.00am
- End Time – 2.00pm
*Session holds only on Saturdays
Participants will be issued certificates at the end of the programme. They will also be given all relevant software used during the session, electronic copy of handouts and 10hrs of mock projects for practice at home. This is worth over N30,000 if it were to be purchased from Brainiacs learning store. Last but one, all participants and their schools will have access to www.letslearn.ng when it is launched. They can play educational games, download activities and puzzles to help improve their understanding of STEM.
Our delivery method is centred on dynamic classroom approach where students actively explore real-world problems and challenges in areas of STEM. We also ensure learners have fun and enjoy learning through play.
They could also have a taste of the best pastries in Lagos – pancakes from the PanCake Hub, donuts from Donuts n Crumbs and Masa from Arewa foods.
Brainiacs STEM & Robotics